My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult


The Fitzgerald’s are a family with a very sick daughter. Kate is diagnosed with a rare form of Leukemia. The parents immediately have their son tested and he is not a match for Kate. Doctor Chance presents Sara and Brian Fitzgerald with another option of creating a designer baby. This baby would be the perfect match for Kate. After Anna is born and the cord blood is transfused to Kate their parents think everything will be okay. The problem is that Anna is required to donate often during her childhood so much so that she sues her parents for the medical rights to her own body. Should Anna have the right to decide what she will contribute to Kate? Should her parents decide that Anna is required to donate to Kate? Who is right? 


Jodi Picoult writes about controversial issues that aren’t always easy to read about. I have only tried to read one other book of hers. I wasn’t successful with it. I did have success with My Sister’s Keeper. I liked the book and wanted to know how it ended. I did not think this book was a light read.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!