A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff


This book came highly recommended to me by a friend on goodreads.com.  I have wanted to read it for a long time and I am excited to share it with you.
Synopsis:

Emma and Phoebe have been best friends since childhood.  One day Phoebe goes to a party at Emma’s house, and meets Guy.  He only has eyes for Phoebe which causes a rift between Phoebe and Emma.  Phoebe is left to pick up the pieces of their relationship.   Also decides to make some changes, in her life. She opens a vintage clothing store and leaves Guy.  Will Phoebe be able to get over the tragedy?   Will she talk to Guy again?
My Thoughts:
I am not usually a fan of vintage.  I liked what Phoebe said about her shop not making the racks look trashy.  I have experienced this in the states with the Good Will stores.  I  would  definitely shop there.     The theme of the book is forgiveness and being able to move on with your life. I was surprised how much the store plays a central  role in the story. I had a little bit of a rough start with this book, but I ended up loving it in the end.


Ratings:
4/5

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!