Interview with Jillian Conley author of Maid Of Honor


We welcome Jillian Conley, writer and graduate of DePaul University. Her debut novel Maid of Honor has been very successful and we at Writer’s Corner are delighted that we could sit down with her.


Welcome, we are excited to have you here!                                                            

I am very excited to be here too! Thank you for having me. Your blog, Writer’s Corner, is adorable and I’ve been checking it for books to read. I am always looking for new books to check out and indulge in.

What are you currently working on?

I am currently working on a novel that really focuses on the single life of a woman who is about to turn thirty. It seems that when single women approach thirty they begin to freak out about how many eggs they have left. I am twenty-nine so I’ve been watching it happen to many of my friends. I decided to write about it so I could share a story with women and let them know they are not alone. 

Who are some of your favorite authors?

I am a huge Chelsea Handler fan. Whenever I read her books I find myself laughing out loud. F. Scott Fitzgerald is my all time favorite author though. His writing is beautiful and classic.


What are the books that would catch your interest for this summer?

I’ve been on an Audrey Hepburn, Jackie Kennedy, and Marilyn Monroe kick lately. I find them all to be very intriguing women. I just re-read The Secret Letters of Marilyn Monroe and Jacqueline Kennedy by Wendy Leigh. What a great novel! I am currently reading Audrey Hepburn; A Biography by Warren G. Harris.

What advice would you give writers?                                                    
 


Doodle in the margin because your most inspirational idea could come when you least expect it!

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!