Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham


I read Holly’s Inbox for another book club that I am involved with. The whole book is in the form of e-mails. When I first saw the book I thought this is a long book. The book was a fast read. 


Story:

This story is told entirely from Holly’s Inbox hence the name of the book. Holly starts working for Heurst and Wright a banking firm. Patricia Galliot is a colleague who shares the receptionist desk with her. She runs into an old friend Jenny from school. The book has it s ups and downs about family life and work life. I got more into this book into the second half of the book. Holly is mortified that the guy she has been seeing has ditched her for her friend Jenny. She enjoys holding this fact over Holly and making her life miserable. Then Toby and ex-boyfriend appears and Holly has to decide whether to take him back. She follows the advice of her friends Patricia, Jason, and Aisha.

You can probably tell that I was rather underwhelmed by this book. I felt sorry for Holly in some places in the book. I especially felt sorry for her friend Aisha and some of the choices she made. As I mentioned before this book is an easy read. I just didn’t enjoy it as much as I had hoped.

Rating: 2.5 /5

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!