The Continuing Saga of Bridget Jones!



Mad About the Boy, is the latest installment of the Bridget Jones series by Helen Fielding.   I was happy to re-read about the characters I loved.  But is it the best sequel yet?

Synopsis:

Mad About the Boy takes place approximately ten plus years after the second installment of the Bridget Jones’s Series.    Watch as Bridget tries to navigate being newly single and a mother as well.  After being out of the dating world for so many years, she has a lot to learn.   She is still reading her self-help books and trying to master Twitter.  With the help of her wacky friends, Bridget will figure it out…eventually.   The biggest question is:  What has happened to Mark Darcy?

My Thoughts:

I was slightly disappointed that some of the character’s lives were basically at a standstill since we had last seen them.   I find as this series goes on Bridget becomes less funny.  When does being quirky and a little clueless turn into being weird and dumb?  I felt the question was answered  when Bridget becomes a mom.  It is one thing to read about crazy single drunk Bridget, it is another to ready about a ditzy inebriated mother.

 This book just seemed sadder than the other three.  I was not so much rooting for Bridget (as I was in the previous books), as I was shouting “PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER”.  There were definitely some laughs but nothing compares to the first book.   Overall, I found that I was wondering what had become of Bridget Jones?  I found out however; that I did not like the answer.    By Alicia Kociuba

Rating:

2.5/5

Please visit Helen on her Facebook page.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!