So What Comes Next Down Dune Road?



Dune Road was published in 2009 by Jane Green.  Jane has slowly become one of my favorite authors, and this novel is why.  She creates not only relatable characters but also a setting where the reader would love to live. 

Synopsis:

Recently divorced Kit has gone from being the wife of a financer in New York, to living in a modest home in Connecticut and raising her two children.  She is trying to find her way in the world by getting her first job, learning to date, and what it means to co-parent.  Kit watches as some of her close friends go try and tackle their own demons.   Her boss Robert  who has never made peace with his past.  Her best friend Charlie who is learning that “Keeping Up With the Jones” may not be the wisest decision. Tracy who is trying to recover from two failed marriages.    How will these friends band together when two strangers come to town? 

My Thoughts:

Often after reading her books, I have this desire to move to Connecticut.   It is like a page out of a Jane Green novel.   The main portion of the story revolves around Kit who is freshly divorced with 2 children and working for a  Robert the author.  The book includes Kit’s friends and family lives.   I wish there was more about the relationship between Kit and her employer, Robert.  He is a writer who seems to have had a marriage that reminds me of the real life romance of Natalie Wood and Robert Wagner.   I feel his character could have warranted his own book.  I would also have enjoyed hearing more the character Charlie, whose family has been hit by the faltering economy. 

  I feel her situation was one that many have encountered in the past years.  In the beginning of the novel I felt like you could really see  the growth of Kit.   The ending for me was a little rushed, in a sense that all problems that where present during the course of the novel seemed to resolve itself within the course of a page turn.  Most authors I would give them a lower rating for this, but I was so swept up in the word that Green had created that I was not as bothered.    It was great to see a variety of characters, with different upbringings and the struggles that they all encounter in this town.   By Alicia Kociuba

Rating:

4/5

Please visit Jane on her Facebook page, Twitter, and her Website.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!