Is There Joy In Suffering?



This is the first question that I asked my friend Marcus who is a good friend and in a way my pastor.  He shared with me a devotional that that said to control what you can control and let the rest go.  I wonder if this is what God meant when he said that He would provide but in in a different way.  Later that summer I had an opportunity to hear a pastor that I have set under before Ken Baugh give a talk on Joy in Suffering. 
I won’t say that these days have been easy.  I also cling to two verses. 

   Jeremiah 29:11

“For I know the plans I have for you, ‘says the Lord.  “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

And

Psalm 23

“The Lord is my shepherd: I have everything I need.  He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.  He renews my strength, He guides me along right paths; bringing honor to his name.  Even when I walk through the valley of death, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.  Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.  You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.  You welcome me as a guest, anointing my head with oil.  My cup overflows with blessings.  Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.”

Clinging to God’s word is important to me because it is his plan.  I can only take things day by day.  I also felt him speak to me that he has a plan for survival.    I cannot give you a step by step list of what this means.   Many of my close friends would tell you that I am a planner and would like to know what this specifically entails.   I am trying to have faith and learn to trust through this most difficult period of my life.  I have my doubts as well but know that god is faithful.  He is working a process within me that will help others.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!