Wendy Wax and I Discuss Read Pink



I have been a fan of Wendy’s writing since I read The Accidental Bestseller.  If you have not read any of Wendy’s novels then you must check them out!  Today we are getting together to share a topic that is prominent in women’s’ health, breast cancer.  Her novel While We Were Watching Downton Abbey has been chosen as one of twelve titles in Penguin Group USA’s 2014 Read Pink campaign to promote public awareness of breast cancer, breast cancer research and the work of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  This is Wendy’s second opportunity to be part of this endeavor. Her novel Ten Beach Road was part of the 2012 campaign.

How do you feel about having been featured in the Read for Pink campaign?

I’m very happy to be part of this effort again. It’s a good feeling to know that readers drawn to my and the other authors’ Read Pink titles will also share the message about the importance of ongoing research to find a cure for breast cancer—a reminder to us all that despite amazing advances there is still much to be done.

Has anyone in your life been impacted by breast cancer recently?

Breast cancer touches all of us and I haven’t been exempt. Sadly it seems everyone has a family member, friend or friend of a friend who’s been faced with this diagnosis.

Do you feel that this experience might impact your writing in some way?

I think what it’s doing in terms of my writing is reinforcing my choice to emphasize the importance of the nurturing and supportive aspects of women’s friendships in my stories. I think it’s when we face these kinds of challenges that we most appreciate the other women who are a part of our lives.

If you could give one message to the readers of Writer’s Corner about the cause of breast cancer what would it be? 

Quite simply, it’s the same as that of the Read Pink campaign.  Spread the word. Remind others of the importance of supporting ongoing research to find a cure.   




Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!