Best Books of the Reading Year!



in December to commemorate the year.  So what are my thoughts so far on this year?  Without further ado:                                                                                                                                                        This is a mini challenge over at Dewey Readathon.  I usually share something like this in April.                                              

Best Book of Your Reading Year

Summer Girls by Mary Alice Monroe:  This book is a page turner.  I couldn’t wait to find out what would happen next.  I also loved the subject of the Bottlenose dolphin.

Best Romance Book of Your Reading Year

Shadowed by Grace by Cara Putnam This novel follows the work of the Monuments Men but had a great plot.  Very historically accurate this made the characters even better.

Best New Adult Book of Your Reading Year

How about a debut novel by Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke?  Your Perfect Life is their third novel. The story is rich with detail and characters you will love.

Best Mystery Book of Your Reading Year

I don’t read many of these but for me Blindsighted would win for best mystery.  This is the debut novel by Karin Slaughter.  Great characters!  The plot was a little predictable but I couldn’t wait to see how it would end.

Best Non-Fiction Book of Your Reading Year

Your Beautiful Purpose by Susie Larson:  This book is a bible study but I felt God talk to me and guide as I learned what she is teaching.

Best Fiction Book of Your Reading Year

Catching Air by Sarah Pekkanen
I have followed Sarah from the beginning of her career and her novels only seem to get better with time.  Catching Air is one that you will definitely want to check out for the upcoming Beach Reads season.  Great story!   The conflict is not resolved until the last page.

Best Main Character of Your Reading Year

Gabby from Tempting Fate by Jane Green is my favorite character.  The first part of the novel it is told in first person from Gabby’s point of view.  I found her an admirable character as she dealt with the crisis in her life.  I also felt she had the best speech towards the end of the novel to her friend Claire.

Best Author of Your Reading Year

Jane Green

Her stories only improve with time!   I have questioned whether I might enjoy a novel.  They all turn out to be excellent.  I have had a privilege of reading two of her novels recently.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!