What Would You Confess to Sophie Kinsella?


The Beach Read/Book club read for June is Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella.  I am giving this book a second shot.

Synopsis:

Rebecca Bloomwood has a landed a dream job with Successful Savings.  Her job is as a reporter who writes articles on finance.  She shares a flat in Fulham with her roommate Suz.  There is even a prospective guy in her life Luke Brandon.   There is only one problem Rebecca loves to shop and not in the low end shops but the high end shops with designer labels.  If she get a Mr.  Smeath off her tale then life would be great!  Will Rebecca be able to work everything out?

My Thoughts:

I would love to tell you that I loved this book.  Unfortunately I didn’t enjoy this book very much.  Maybe it has something to do with my sympathizing with Rebecca’s position.  Although I think her spending went a little too far.  I have experienced being in her shoes.  I hope the next book in the series is better and more entertaining. 

One aspect of this book I did like is the theme to get out there and do what you can to move your dream forward.   The author’s resolution of this story has something to do with following your dreams.  You never know what opportunities might present themselves.  How you choose to respond to it is the question?  What will your next opportunity be?

Ratings:
3/5


Comments

  1. "Confessions" is the June read. What is the July read? I've never done the Beach Read Challenge before. Exactly what is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are reading Shopaholic Takes Manhatten for July. Here is the link for the Beach Read Challenge. http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/906822. Basically you pick books that fit the categories. If you have read the Confessions and join for Manhatten and tie the knot then you will one task done in the challenge.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!