Romancing Through Time with Beatriz Williams


I was privileged to obtain a copy of this book from Putnam Group which is an imprint of Penguin Group.  Thank you Lydia Hirt and Beatriz Williams, for the opportunity to review this book.

Synopsis:

Kate Wilson and Julian Laurence Ashford have known each other for a long time.  They met in 1916 during the First World War.   Julian was fighting for England at this time.  Kate had traveled to him with a message from the future.   Move to 2007 and Wall Street New York where Kate is working as an investment banker and Julian has a hedge fund firm  Southfield.  They meet briefly and Julian knows that he has found his missing Kate.  Will he convince Kate that he is the love of her life?

My Thoughts:

I enjoyed this story from Beatriz Williams.  I felt that she told a timeless story of star crossed lovers.   I thought the plot was very interesting because it kept you guessing as to what would happen next.   The characters were also well written.  The only criticism that I had was the length of the book.  Story seemed to slow in certain spots in the book. I still enjoyed the story very much.

This story reminded me a little of the saga told by Diana Gabaldon of Jamie and Claire.  I felt that the story of Julian and Kate was similar in little ways.  They had the same elements as time travel, a timeless love story, and great romance.   I wonder where she will go from here?

This book is also featured in the Readathon at Stonecrest Library  in Lithonia Georgia on May 26th.
 
You can contact Beatriz via facebook, twitter, and her website.

 
Ratings:  3.90/5

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!