Visit the Circus of Your Dreams!



Who has enjoyed visiting the circus?  I enjoyed visiting the circus when I was a kid.  I haven’t really seen one recently, but I did read about one The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.  This circus is supposed to be the circus of dreams, but is it?

Synopsis: 

Celia and Marco are given rings when they are little by their instructors.  These rings bind the two together in a game.  The instructors know the rules but they are not forthcoming with sharing them with their pupils.  Such as how does the game end?  What will happen when Celia and Marco meet for the first time? They meet when Celia applies to be an illusionist for the night circus.   She gets the job and somehow ends up collaborating on this circus with Marco to make it a success.  What happens when they fall for one another will they be able to finish the game?

My Thoughts: 

This novel was recommended to me by a colleague at work.  I love historical fiction.  This story is set back in the late 1800s.   I just didn’t enjoy how much I was in the dark about what would happen next.  I felt that the story jumped all over the place.  I found myself losing interest in the story. 

The setting is London England and various countries such as France, Germany, Austria, and United States.   She did have some interesting characters in this story.
I hope that I will enjoy her next novel more!

Rating: 

3/5

Please visit Erin on her Facebook page, Twitter, and her Website.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!