Throwback Thursday review of Truly, Madly, Guilty by Liane Moriarty

I know that many are excited to read and or catch up on  Big Little Lies season two. Today we will discuss the book Truly, Madly, Guilty by Liane Moriarty.  How many of you remember your neighborhood get togethers? Were they
eventful at all? Or do you have fond memories?  


Synopsis:  

Sam and Clementine have a wonderful, albeit busy, life: they have two little girls, Sam has just started a new dream job, and Clementine, a cellist, is busy preparing for the audition of a lifetime. If there’s anything they can count on, it’s each other. Clementine and Erika are each other’s oldest friends. A single look between them can convey an entire conversation. But theirs is a complicated relationship, so when Erika mentions a last-minute invitation to a barbecue with her neighbors, Tiffany and Vid, Clementine and Sam don’t hesitate. Having Tiffany and Vid’s larger-than-life personalities there will be a welcome respite.
Two months later, it won’t stop raining, and Clementine and Sam can’t stop asking themselves the question: What if we hadn’t gone? ( Amazon)
My Thoughts:  
I was excited to start this book but not excited to finish the book.  I have read a couple other books by Liane Moriarty. For me I think it was the high from watching the first part of Big Little Lies.   I also really enjoyed the audiobook for What Alice Forgot. I got the audiobook from the library for Truly, Madly, Guilty and it was a long  audiobook (seventeen hours). I wanted to hear the story but did not enjoy it. The story was written well with the construction of the plot.  Ms. Moriarty does a good job of keeping the readers interested. I wanted to know what would happen with Clementine and Erika’s relationship. I was curious what happened at the barbeque   that affected all the main characters.
Rating:  
3.75/5

Please visit Liane on her social media platforms:  


Facebook Website


Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!