Is Cider Really All That Simple?

Today I am going to present another new to me author, for the first time on Writer’s Corner. Amy E. Reichert will be visiting with her book The Simplicity of Cider. She is known for writing foodie fiction. I have not read much in this genre. Who does not love a story centered around food?

Synopsis:

Isaac is taking his son on a road trip where he has to figure out how to tell his son his mother has died. They have driven across country and wind up at the Lund’s apple orchard. Einars Lund is getting on with age and cannot handle the day to day running of the orchard. He also has a secret that has been kept from his daughter Sanna. This secret has changed her life in more ways than one. Sanna refers to her mother as the donor because she has no relationship with her. It is awfully lonely at the Orchard, until Isaac and his son show up to help. Her work with apple cider is very fulfilling! If they only had a buyer for all that merchandise? When an offer is made to sell the orchard will Sanna agree or hold onto both the bitterness and her past?

My Thoughts:

I liked the story of The Simplicity of Cider. As I mentioned above I have not read much in the foody fiction genre. For some reason I always connected Amy E. Reichert with her stories being nonfiction. I thought she did a great job of developing complex characters that drive the readers through the story. Readers are compelled to turn each page to find out how it will end. I loved the theme of the story. Some secrets will come back to haunt you or can impact others in various ways. Both Sanna and son are harmed by what their fathers are not telling them about their mothers. The fathers need to free their children to react instead of trying to control it.


For me the pacing slowed in a few places which kept me from enjoying it more. I hope to read more from Amy E. Reichert in the future.

Rating:

4/5


To purchase a copy of The Simplicity of Cider please go here.


Amy E. Reichert is available on these platforms:







Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Come and Join us For a Night Out With the Ladies Review and Giveaway