2013 Best Reads



Happy New Year!  So what are the best reads of 2013?  Here are my and Celeste’s picks as the best of 2013.  These books don’t necessarily have to have been published in this year. 
1.    Hemingway’s Girl by Erica Robuck.  Celeste highly recommends this book for any book club.   She could not say enough about this novel.
2.    Forgotten by Catherine McKenzie.  Jencey’s pick as one of the best reads this year.  This book is very easy to read. I loved this story!
3.    The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott.  One of the best Historical fiction reads of the year.  A young servant learns about dressmaking while traveling on the Titanic.  One aspect of this novel is the part of history it covers.  How many of you can say that you know a lot of about the trials of the White Star line after the sinking?
4.    The Fever Tree by Jennifer McVeigh.  This novel initially was not one I would have initially thought would interest me.  I was so totally wrong.  A great book club read!  Inspires great discussion!
5.    The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews.  Great read!  Full of humor!  I thoroughly enjoyed this novel all the way through.
6.     The Love Wars by L. Allison Heller which was her debut novel.  I absolutely loved it!  A great easy read and look forward to her next novel.
7.     The Good Daughter by Jane Porter.  I had the honor of reviewing this one.  I loved the story probably because I could identify so much with the main character.
8.     Christmas Bliss by Mary Kay Andrews.  The further adventures of Bebe and Weezy.  A perfect page turner.
9.     The Good Wife by Jane Porter.  Here is Jane’s latest in the series.  I enjoyed this one just as much as The Good Daughter.   Jane has a way of bringing the raw emotions of her characters to life.
10.  In the Shadow of a Banyan by Vaddey Ratner.  This moving story covers a family’s survival during the Khmer Rouge rule in Cambodia in the 1970s. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Come and Join us For a Night Out With the Ladies Review and Giveaway