What could you learn in a classroom?



Thank you to BookSparks PR and Kathleen Shoop for sending me this novel  to share

with you.  Have you ever wondered about what it is like to teach in a classroom?

Synopsis:

Carolyn is starting her first year of teaching in a new school in the D.C. area.   She shares her experiences with her good friends Nina and Laura.  School is not what Carolyn thought it would be.  She has no support from her boss Principal Klein.  How will she reach her students?  Her love life seems to be going stale with current boyfriend Alex.  Carolyn decides to end it and meets this great guy Jeep.  What is he all about?  Then there are the challenges of reaching her students in her room. Will she survive the year?

My Thoughts:

I didn’t know if I would like this novel initially.  I did come to like it very much!  I think for me the connection to education helped me relate to the character of Carolyn.  Unless you have worked in education you have no idea what it is like for teachers in the Public School System.   I also you don’t usually see this side of education because teaching in the inner city schools is even harder than the nice suburb schools.  This is something I could totally relate.

Klein is very believable as the antagonist in the novel.    I am sure that the author did a lot of research to see how a principal could become this type of character in this story. 

Rating:  4.25/5

Please visit Kathleen Shoop on Facebook, Twitter, or her website.
You can also purchase her novel on  Amazon .

  

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Come and Join us For a Night Out With the Ladies Review and Giveaway