Visit Susan McBride's Hometown In Cougar Club


Thank you to Susan McBride for donating this copy of The Cougar Club.  This is a book worth reading.

Synopsis:

Kat, Carla, and Elise have been friends  since grade school.  They went their separate ways after college.  These friends suddenly found themselves in their forties and wondering where life will take them next?  Kat recently lost her job and moved back to St. Louis from New York.   Carla is a television anchor at channel 3 in St. Louis.  Is her job in jeopardy?  Elise is a dermatologist and has a successful practice in St. Louis.  She has the picture perfect family or does she?  These friends come back together to share in each others  trial and tribulations. 

My Thoughts:

When this book was first released the subject matter was a turn off for me.    I was very wrong about this book.  I think the term cougar  can also be misinterpreted.   I loved Susan McBride’s take on the Cougar to be a woman who is free to become who she is.  The book was very easy to read.  It helped that the setting was my home town of St. Louis  Missouri.   I found the characters very likeable.  This is a choice that  will not do you wrong.

The setting of St. Louis Missouri was a trip back in time for me.   I remember the Arena which was mentioned in the book.  I attended the Ice capedes there.  I loved old Bush Stadium and am a diehard St. Louis Cardinals fan.  I have never seen the Blues play at the Arena or their new home.  I did live in Chesterfield for three and  a half years.   What home town memories do you have?

 Susan  would love to hear from you contact her at website  and on facebook

 
Ratings:

4.75/5

You can also win a copy of this book on May 26th at the Readathon for International  Chick Lit Month.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!