Welcome to Graduate School Course LS 565


Hello again!  I know that it has been a while since I have posted anything.  I started graduate school in the fall of 2018 at the University of Alabama Distance Learning program.   I am studying Library Science and Information Management.  I  have read many great books in the meantime you can check my Goodreads feed to see what I am currently reading.  I will be posting for my latest class Library Science 565.  This class will  discuss interaction of Social Media and Libraries.

I began my journey with social media in 2007.  I joined Facebook through an invite by a friend.  Once I joined Facebook, I started exploring what the site had to offer.  My informatics or the information that I selected to share with others, in my profile. One of the ways I use this site is to network and meet people.  It can also be a way of learning to process what is shared over time.   Over the years I received advice for what to post and how to develop a social network of people.

I started  Writer's Corner blog in 2010 and started posting book reviews, guest posts by visiting authors, and excerpts from upcoming book releases.  When I started trying to link data initially to my posts prior to clicking on an FB icon.  I had to cut and paste links to post on Facebook.   I love the icons that now exist that allow easy linking of data to Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. 

I hope to learn in this course how to make linked data more discoverable on the various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter,  Instagram, and Pinterest.  I have learned how to link data through my work on this blog, but my posts are not as discoverable in the social media network.   One goal would be to learn how to apply it to libraries.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!