What Happens When They All Come Back?

Kristy Woodson Harvey is a new author for me.  She is also one of the sweetest and extremely personable.  I have said for the last two summers that I would read one of her books. This summer I had the opportunity. Today I am sharing with you Slightly South of Simple by Kristy Woodson Harvey.

Synopsis:

Caroline Murphy has decided to go back to the one place she detests the most Peachtree Bluff. Her mother moved her and her sisters there when she was a teenager. What is the reason to leave New York? Her husband had a very public affair with a model and it is chronicled on a reality television show Ladies Who Lunch. So Caroline must also bring her sisters Emerson and Sloane home to Peachtree Bluff. Ansley their mother ends up with a full house. Her old flame Jack returns with secrets that impact Ansley’s past. Will she be open to a new future or will she be stuck in the past? What will Caroline decide?

My Thoughts:

I loved this book! Kristy has a unique voice to her writing which comes across the page  beautifully. It made for a very easy read. I also loved how she added subtle humor throughout the book. Kristy excels in writing about sisters and their conflicts. She has created a magical world in Peachtree Bluff. The setting reminded me a little of the Gilmore Girls which has a town cast full of characters as well.

Since this is Kristy’s first series I was a little disappointed with how Slightly South of Simple ended. I felt that it was not all tied up, but we might see more resolution in the future books? Slightly South of Simple is the first book of the series. This series will chronicle the sisters Caroline, Sloane, and Emerson. This book is still worth taking to the beach for a great read!

Rating:

4.5/5

To purchase Slightly South of Simple  from these retailers: 


  Kristy is available on these platforms:


Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!