Summer of Choices

Do covers persuade you to choose certain novels? I loved the cover for All the SummerGirls by Meg Donohue. I had also heard some great things about this novel. It includes three women in swimsuits at the beach on the cover. The novel is short in length. It takes place over one summer weekend.

Synopsis:

Kate is getting ready for her big day. Her morning is going normally except her finance has changed his schedule. He wants to discuss their relationship. He breask the engagement and says that she needs help.  Kate has two very best Friends since Kindergarten Vanessa and Dani. Vanessa is facing a different delimma. She gave up her career to be a stay at home mom. How happy is she really when she worries about her gorgeous husband having affairs? Then there is Dani the third friend she as well has spent a great deal of time with Kate and her family. Dani’s parents are divorced. She only has a relationship with her father.  Dani has been living out in San Francisco trying to finish her novel and not keep a job. Each woman has a cross to bear for what happened years ago when they shared a beach house. These events surround Kate’s brother Colin. Will they be able to put the past behind them?

My Thoughts:

I did not enjoy this novel very much. I thought that the characters are great. They are well developed. The novel was a little short. I wondered the climax of the story really got resolved. There is a part of me that wanted to find out more. The story did not feel resolved to me. 

I did feel that author asked an interesting question. How does the past impact your future? A death that touched Kate, Vanessa, and Dani’s lives all made them choose a different future. Have you ever thought what would have happened if I had chosen differently? I know that I have these thoughts all the time myself. I then tell myself that you can’t change the past but can only move forward.

@megdonohuehas a new novel coming out soon Every Wild Heart.

Rating:


3.75/5

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!