Will You Come Monster Hunting with Us?

I have the grand opportunity to share the latest novel by Sara Gruen.  AT THE WATER’S EDGE is about a monster hunt for the Loch Ness Monster.  Will Hank and Ellis find this monster? 

Synopsis:

Hank has the perfect plan to win back the graces of Ellis’s parents.  They would go look for and get a picture of the Loch Ness Monster.  Ellis’s father had attempted but failed. Both Hank and Ellis got out of the fight in World War Two. They were diagnosed with physical ailments.  Hank has flat feet and Ellis has colorblindness.  Or does Ellis have color blindness?  He is married to Maddie.  She has been friends with Hank and Ellis for a long time. She was diagnosed in the past with psychological issues. So they all head to Scotland to find the monster.  How successful is their quest?  What will become of Maddie? Hank? And Ellis?

My Thoughts:

I liked this novel.  I listened to it on audiobook.  The narration was not bad it just did not make me love one of the characters. The story is told from Maddie’s point of view.  Maddie’s character in the beginning of the novel annoyed me.  As her character grew in the novel started to like her more.  I found myself wanting to see her succeed in the end.  When the reader gets to the climax Maddie’s character changes and then I felt compelled to fight for her.

The plot for this novel is not what I thought it would be.  I thought this story would be about the adventures of trying to find the Loch Ness Monster.  It is about the tourists Hank and Ellis searching for the monster, but it is also about so much more.

Rating:

4/5


Please visit Sarah on her Facebook page, Twitter, and her Website.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Come and Join us For a Night Out With the Ladies Review and Giveaway