Time to Bid Farewell!



Today I am sharing the last novel in the House of Winslow series by Gilbert Morris. The White Knight wraps up this series which has forty novels in all.  Would there be any surprises for this finale?

Synopsis: 

Luke Winslow is the son of Peter and Jolie Winslow and they have one other son Tim.  In the beginning of the story Luke is flying in the Spanish Civil War.  His life couldn’t be better with a Spanish sweetheart and enjoying time with her family.  One day a raid by the Germans bomb the Spanish family that Luke is so fond of.   Will he learn to heal from these wounds? While he makes it back to the states through an unlikely friend Luke is unable to heal.  His brother thinks the answer is working for the family company, but is it really the path for Luke?  Or could a ministry at Haven house hold the key for his future?

My Thoughts: 

I am sad to bid farewell to a series that I have loved since I was a child.  What would the last novel bring for me?   I found the plot to be predictable.  The kind of characters that Gilbert Morris creates has a way of standing out to the reader.  What I loved about this novel is visiting with previous characters that I read about, in the series.  This created a satisfactory ending!

Rating: 

4/5

Please visit Gilbert on his Facebook page, Twitter, and his website.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!