What Would Be the One Thing You Would Like to Forget?



What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty is the novel that helped put her on the big scene in the chick lit genre.  Each novel by Liane writes is better than the last.  This is the second novel of hers that I have read and shared here.

Synopsis:

Alice wakes up from an accident in spin class, but she thinks it is 1998.  She thinks she is twenty nine.  When in reality it is 2008 and she is thirty nine.  What has she forgotten? Her husband Nick and their current relationship status?  What will happen when Alice makes decisions that are hers alone that impact both the past and the present?  During the period that she cannot remember she had a friend Gina.  This friend had a great influence over Alice’s life.  When will her memories return?

My Thoughts: 

I liked this novel.  I won this novel from Chick Lit Central around the time of the first release.  What would happen if you suddenly forgot a portion of your life? How would the old you see the choices that the current self has made?  The story had a very interesting plot line.  I don’t know that I personally would want to go back to the me of ten years ago.  I think that I would find myself making changes to the past that might influence the future.  

There are two other women who suffered a challenge in their lives.  Elizabeth her sister who has been trying to get pregnant.  You see her story mostly play out in the homework for Dr. Hodges.  Then there is Franny’s letters to Phil.  These letters are to her dead fiancé.  Both women are stuck in a rut and need someone to help them move forward.  Neither of them have the accident that impacts Alice.
I look forward to reading the next Liane Morairty novel!

Rating: 

4/5

Please visit Liane on her Facebook page and her Website.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!