A Woman Of Substance by Barbara Taylor Bradford A Review Classic


I am a huge fan of Barbara Taylor Bradford.  I recently reread her first novel A Woman of Substance I hope you will love her work as much as I do.  I am revisiting  this novel because of the recent release of the ebook.
 
Synopsis:

 
Emma comes from a poor family in the Yorkshire area of England.   Her family scrimps and scrapes to get by in the village of Fairley.  Emma’s family works for the Fairleys a wealthy family who owns the mill where her father Jack, Winston, and Frank work. Emma works as a maid at the Fairley house and has always had a dislike for the Fairleys. This dislike intensifies as Emma is shunned by the youngest son Edwin, when she finds herself pregnant by him.  Emma decides that this the perfect time to put her plan with a P in action.   Watch as Emma puts her plan in action!  Will she get her revenge? 
My Thoughts:

I liked the book just as much the second time around.  I felt like I understood Emma’s character more.  I felt that I had a good feel for the novel the first time, but appreciated it more the second time.  I felt I gained a real depth of the characters. If you enjoy characters that are leaders in their fields and women you will love Barbara Taylor Bradford.  I am excited to see what happens next in the series.

Now let's discuss the ebook.  I am excited for the author Barbara Taylor Bradford that her early work is now available in ebook.   My only criticism of the ebook is that  the spacing is very tight.  I could not make the adjustments on my kindle.  Other than that a great format to continue a great story.
Series:

4/5

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Come and Join us For a Night Out With the Ladies Review and Giveaway