Have You Ever Desired to Make Changes?



Thank you to Book Sparks PR and Macmillan for my copy of In Bloom.  This novel  is the first book in the Brightside series.  I think it might be one worth checking out! What kind of relationships do  you dream of having?


Synopsis:

Olivia Bloom has suffered a recent breakup and has decided to make some changes, in her life.  The first change is to move out west from Pittsburgh to sunny Los Angeles California.  She starts making  new friends, but is struggling with a job search.  Then she meets  Parker and Blair who offer to help her in project Loverly.  What is this project but a way to help Olivia to adjust to her new life in LA.  Will she be successful?  How will Berekeley from the Brightsides figure into all of this?


My Thoughts: 

I really like this novel. It is written very well!  I think  Kate Delahanty  may become one of my favorites.   I am definitely interested in the rest of the series.  The structure of this novel is interesting!  I have read novels where the structure is text message, email, or written letter.  I have not seen the use of tweets, but this is how each chapter begins.  It totally works with the rest of the novel.  I also have not read the genre of New Adult before which means the character is college or post college.

The characters are interesting!  The way an author constructs a character factors into the rest of the novel.  I was a little unsure of what I thought of Olivia’s conflict with Berekeley the lead singer. 

I look forward to more from Kate Delahanty!

Rating:

4.75/5

Please visit  Kate  on her Facebook Page, Twitter, and Website.

To buy  In Bloom visit amazon.

 

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!