The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren Book Review



The Purpose Driven Life was written ten years ago.  I first read the book with my church about 2004.  Rick Warren shares his take on the most important steps in the Christian walk to live a purposeful life. He lists the five purposes and they are:

What on earth am I here for?
In this purpose Mr. Warren discusses why we are created to serve God.  What we were created to do on earth. 

You were planned for God’s pleasure.
What is your job while here on earth?  He goes on to discuss that this can take many forms.  The bible acts as a guide to our path and direction.

You were formed for God’s family.
This purpose discusses the role of the church and how important it is to stay connected to others through fellowship.

You were created to become like Christ.
The author using various verses from the bible establishes our role on how to become like Christ.  He teaches from Jesus’s life.  God has a plan and Jesus was just one part of it.

You were made for a mission.
What will your mission be?  How will you serve others around you? How will you put the purposes mentioned above in play in your life?

My Thoughts:
This is not my first time reading this book.  I feel that I have picked up different lessons from this book each time I have read it.  This book will evolve into a timeless classic.  When you purchase this book the author asks that you take notes and highlight to add to your experience.   
This book is well written and a timeless treasure.  I had a hard time finding something not to like.  The book is written in the form of a devotional.  I am not a fan of devotionals and sometimes found the day passages long to read.  I am also one that likes to take things at my own pace so the length of the passage didn’t really bother me.    

Rating:
4/5
Drop a line to Rick Warren:



Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!