Where We Belong by Emily Giffin Review



Where We Belong is Emily’s latest novel.   I had the honor of going to see her on tour for it. 

Where We BelongSynopsis:

Kirby has known that she was adopted for a longtime.  On her eighteenth birthday, the adoption agency will give her information about her birth mother.  This information would help Kirby so much with making her future plans.  Meanwhile in New York Marion is making plans for her show that she produces and the man she hopes to marry.  Then she gets a surprise visit from Kirby which unravels more questions for her and her future.  Kirby gains more answers as she spends time with Marion.  Will they both be happy?  How will this affect their future?

My Thoughts:

I have been on the waiting list for a long time for this novel.  I always look forward to a new novel from Emily Giffin.   She always writes with such passion and has great characters.  Emily even spoke on tour about wanting to make sure she got the mindset of the eighteen year old correct.  I feel that she did a fairly good job in this area.   I found the novel very interesting!  Adoption is not an easy topic to write about.   

The plot twists were great in this novel!  I never expected that Marion would have the conflicts that she did.  I felt that the opposite was true for Kirby the more answers she received the less conflicted she seemed.

It is also a nice touch that Emily reintroduces characters from her other novels. Hint you have met Ben and Claudia before.


Please visit Emily on Facebook, Twitter, and her Website.



Rating:
4/5

Comments

  1. I've been considering this book, so I'm glad to come across your review. I loved Giffin's Something Borrowed and Something Blue, but I haven't liked some of her other novels quite as much. I'm on the fence about reading this one.

    Marlene Detierro (Microsoft Downloads)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!