How to Fight Strong!

When I was diagnosed with cancer my hashtag was #ToFightStrong.  So how do you fight strong?  Last summer I was invited to take part in the Lifeway Women’s Ministry summer bible study on their website. This study was Priscilla Shirer’s Armor of God.   It focuses on the Ephesians 6:10-20 describe the armor of God.

“10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 12 For we[d] are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.[e] 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.[f] 17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.[g]

19 And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God’s mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike.[h] 20 I am in chains now, still preaching this message as God’s ambassador. So pray that I will keep on speaking boldly for him, as I should.”(biblegateway.com, New Living Translation)

Before starting this study I also viewed the movie War Room.   There was one scene in particular stuck out to me.  Priscilla’s character in the movie has problems especially with her husband.  Ms. Clara asks her have you prayed about it?  When I was fighting cancer I learned a lot about prayer.  Had I ever viewed it as a weapon to use in spiritual war fare?  No, but I felt that God was saying this is something you need to focus on. 
Each week of the study focuses on one piece of the armor.  Priscilla through the video sessions gives the participants direction in their homework.  The focus is to teach what each piece of the Armor means and how we as Christians can use. 

My Thoughts:

I felt that this study was a perfect focus for me, and where I am currently in life.  I learned a lot but did not want it to be just another bible study either.  The focus of the study is to make the participant a stronger Christian.  

One of the actions I plan to take from this study is to do the following items.  For me I want to continue studying God’s word but also do it together in community.  I feel that we as a nation and a faith have stepped away from it, and it is important to bring people together.

This study is worth your time!  Priscilla Shirer can be reached on her Facebook page, Twitter, and Website.  You can purchase study items through Lifeway.

Rating:


5/5

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!