Love Wars an Awesome Debut!



Thank you to BookSparks PR and Penguin for sending me this awesome debut by author L. Allison Heller.  Today her tour stops at Writer’s Corner.

Synopsis:
 
Molly has survived so far as an associate at Bacon and Payne.  She currently works in the Corporate department.  Then an opportunity presents itself to move to the Matrimonial department.  It can’t be any worse than what Corporate had been!  Molly jumps at the opportunity to dive into the Love Wars.  Is Lillian a better boss than Dominic Pizzaro?  She adjusts to new section and is the new prized associate under Lillian.  Then a case comes her way that she should really pass over, but feels compelled to help.  Fern Walker is trying to get custody of her children from Robert Walker.  How will Molly be able to balance her duties for Bacon and Payne and this case?  What else will she give up in the process?

My Thoughts:

I cannot tell you how much I loved this novel!  The best debut that I have read in a long time.  I completely agree with the blurbs that this writer’s style definitely parallels Lauren Weisberger’s writing style.   This novel will also make the best of list at Writer’s Corner for 2013.  I loved the characters and the witty yet ironic approach that the writer took to novel and the subject matter it dealt with.   I don’t know that I have any negatives really.  One question that came to mind is this really what it is like for a lawyer in this field?

Rating:

5/5

Please contact L. Allison Heller on her facebook page, twitter, or website.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Come and Join us For a Night Out With the Ladies Review and Giveaway