My Love Letter to Mara

My mother shared this copy of 5 Days Left by Julie Lawson Timmer with me a while ago.  I had the opportunity to listen to it with the great narration of Rebecca Lowman and Kirby Heyborne.  They illustrated the story beautifully.  For me I cannot write my typical review for this book.  My apologies!

Dear Mara,

I know you are devastated by the diagnosis of Huntington disease.  I can actually imagine how that might feel.   I am a breast cancer survivor of stage three inflammatory breast cancer.  I had a great support system through my battle, and so do you.  You have a wonderful family; a husband who loves you regardless of how sick you are.  A wonderful daughter who loves you.  Your parents want to be there for you in so many ways. 

I realize that life has changed for you since giving up your career as a lawyer.  You still have those ladies in your life.  They are an asset to have in this situation.  Don’t be afraid to let them you help.  It does not make you less of a person to accept help. The support group that you have also been involved with has given you an important person.  Motor city has found your feedback useful for helping him with the situation with L man, and what the future might bring.  You still make a great contribution to the world around you!

Mara, give yourself more time.  If I could have been present in your life I would have done for you what a friend did for me when I was diagnosed with cancer.  Life can still have meaning.  You need hope!  Jesus offered us hope when he died on the cross for our sins.   There are others in this life Joni Eareckson Tata who has not had the typical life, but it was meaningful.   I would give you love and hope. 

In Christ,

Jencey Gortney

My Thoughts:   It is interesting that as I read this novel that a drug has gone on the market to help those who have the Huntington disease.  It is not a cure but slows the progression of the disease.  To me this is the first step towards a cure. 

Rating: 

4/5

You can purchase a copy of Julie Lawson Timmer’s current novel Mrs. Saint and theDefectives here.

Julie Lawson Timmer is available on these platforms: 



Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!