Stephanie Rische and the Waiting Game

I absolutely devoured her book I WAS BLIND (Dating), BUT NOWI SEE. I received this book from Tyndale.  I received no financial compensation for this post.

Today Stephanie Rische is visiting Writer’s Corner.  I recently devoured her book I WAS BLIND (Dating) BUT NOW I SEE.   I feel her message speaks volumes to singles who are on this journey.

Synopsis: 

Stephanie shares her journey looking seeking the man of her dreams.  She uses stones to mark her path to Mr. Right.  The journey may have taken longer than she thought but it was worth it in the end.  She also shares what God taught her along the way in the journey.  How seeking God’s path is not easy but can be fulfilling at times.  How to stay the course when life takes turns you would not have otherwise chosen.  What can the reader learn from these experiences?

What five aspects of Stephanie Rische should readers know?

1.” When I was a kid, my best friends were all found on the pages of books. (Depending on the day, I’d wish for red hair like Anne, to live on the prairie with Laura, or to have three sisters like Jo.)

2. Someone asked me if my book is a how-to about dating, and I almost choked on my coffee. Nope, this is pretty much the story of all my biggest flops and most embarrassing moments. So if you’re looking for advice, I’d strongly recommend going elsewhere!

3. All my best ideas come to me when I’m riding my bike. And then I promptly forget them when I get home and try to write them down.

4. On the second and third dates with the man who is now my husband, I tripped over nothing and then burned the dinner so badly it set off the smoke detector. Gratefully, he married me anyway.

5. I think you, reader, are a treasure. You are beautiful. And you are more loved than you can imagine.”

While you were going through this experience of waiting what was the hardest part?

“Regardless of what you’re waiting for, I think one of the hardest parts is feeling alone in the wait. As I was longing for this desire of my heart, I sometimes felt like God was far away and that I was the only one who felt this way. It was a process to crack my heart open to God and to other people, and along the way I realized I truly wasn’t truly alone. And neither are you.”

How did you find encouragement in the waiting?

“I think we often feel like waiting is a punishment, like God isn’t granting us our heart’s desire because there’s something wrong with us. And let’s be serious: you can’t be single for long before you get some unsolicited advice about what you need to do to snag a mate. So I was surprised but encouraged to discover how many people in Scripture had to wait. From Abraham to Moses to Hannah to Elizabeth, almost everyone God used in a mighty way first had to go through a season of waiting. And perhaps even more surprising, God was so gracious to all those waiters—and not only that, but he was there with them in the waiting. And he’s there with you in your waiting too.”

Who would you cast as yourself in your story? 

“People have told me I look like Tina Fey, but let’s not kid ourselves: I’m not that funny!”

What is your next writing project?

“I’m working on a slightly different creative project right now: my husband and I are expecting our first baby! Interestingly, the lessons I learned about waiting and God’s character are things I’m still leaning on. When we went to our ultrasound, we were delighted to see our baby. What we weren’t expecting was to hear was that our child may have a genetic abnormality. And now we find ourselves in another season of waiting. The truth is, whatever stage of life you’re in, there will be something you need to wait for, to trust God for. Whatever you’re facing, he sees you. He knows you. He is powerful to act. And he loves you.”


Thank you for chatting with us today.  Continue to follow Stephanie on her Facebook and website

To Purchase visit these retailers:  




Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Come and Join us For a Night Out With the Ladies Review and Giveaway