How Much Do You Know About Your Family?

Do you know all the secrets in your family? Or are you like me eavesdropping on my mother’s conversation so I can find out the details that she does not tell me.  I confess that I am the Lucy Camden of my family. All families have secrets! Family Pictures is a back list title by Jane Green. It is still worth a look especially for the summer!

Synopsis: 

Sylvie has lost the love of her life early in her marriage. She has moved on over the years and met someone else. Mark is the best husband around. Her relationship with him is not like it was with her first husband, and he travels often. They are bringing up her daughter Eve. Mark has secrets and wants his life to be private.  His excuse is identity theft. One day Eve meets a new friend Grace. They have a great time with one another only to realize that they have more in common than they realize. Grace’s mother Maggie is also married to Mark. What will happen to both families when they realize their connection? Or will tragedy strike before life can move forward?

My Thoughts: 

I enjoyed this story. I loved how the story is driven by the characters. The story is told from the POVs of both mothers and daughters.  The values of both families are different from each other.   This makes a great foil throughout the book. Sylvie and her daughter Eve’s struggles are different from Maggie and her daughter Grace's struggles.  I learned a lot about the treatment of the eating disorder Anorexia. Her take on life seemed stifling to me and hard for me to like as the story moved forward. Once Mark's secret is discovered the readers do not hear much about what happened to him.  The plot was a little predictable at times. 

Great story by Jane Green!

Rating: 

4/5 

Jane’s next book will be The Sunshine Sisters you can pre-order your copy here.  


Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Come and Join us For a Night Out With the Ladies Review and Giveaway