A Debut with Excellent Recommendations

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend is the first novel by Katarina Bivald in the United States. The author is from Sweden. This novel came highly recommended to me. I also had the opportunity to meet Katarina last April when she visited on tour at FoxTale Book Shoppe.

Synopsis:

Sarah is going to visit her friend Amy who lives in Broken Wheel Iowa in the United States. Sarah is from Sweden. She has very much looked forward to the trip. Sarah arrives in Broken Wheel to learn that Amy has passed away. So the town decides that she should stay at Amy’s house. The town has been so gracious that Sarah wants to do something for them so she opens a book shop with the town blessing. Will the town really enjoy her gift? Will they be ready for her to go home when she finishes her stay?

We learn about Sarah and Amy's relationship through letter exchanges. These letters appear at the beginning of each chapter. The letters start at the beginning of their relationship and lead up to the current time in the story.

My Thoughts:

My hope is that readers will enjoy this novel as much as I have. It is very entertaining and full of humor. I could see this novel as a feel good movie. A romantic comedy? This is the first author from Sweden that I have enjoyed. She creates memorable characters in the town of Broken Wheel. My favorite is Sarah. I wish that I could be like her and open my own bookstore. It also has great humor!

Pick up your copy today of The Readers of  Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald.

Rating:

4.75/5


Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!