Come Visit the Beach House!

Georgia Bockhaven is a new author to me.  I could not resist sharing a novel that involves the beach.  That is what drew me to The Beach House.  It is published by William Morrow Books. 

Synopsis:
Julia is getting the beach house ready for one more season of renters.  She hopes it will be her last.   Julia is trying to get over grieving her deceased husband Ken.  Should she keep the house?  As she prepares the house for sale her new neighbor Eric offers assistance.  Can he offer more than friendship?  The families that come offer their own unique stories, when they stay at the beach house. 

My Thoughts:

I liked this novel. I could identify with Julia’s feelings about moving forward after her husband’s death.  I found it interesting how the author structured this novel. Each family is a different part of the novel.  The novel begins and ends with Julia’s story and she is mentioned periodically throughout.   I found some of the families’ stories more interesting than others.   I struggle with storylines that involve death by cancer.   It did make me question whether I wanted to continue reading.

The setting is Santa Cruz California and of course is beautiful!  The timing of the story takes place over one summer. 

Would I read another novel by Georgia Bockhaven?  Yes I would.  She is a great story teller.  Parts of this novel just were not my favorite. 

Rating:

3.75/5


Please visit Georgia on her Facebook page  and her Website.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!