Have You Ever Experienced the Middle of Somewhere?



The Middle of Somewhere by Sonja Yoerg tells the story of a couple who attempt to hike the John Muir Trail and get more than they bargained for. This novel is Ms. Yoerg’s second.  I enjoyed it from start to finish!

Synopsis: 

Liz is excited to go on the hike and just get away from these last few weeks in her life.  There is only one problem her boyfriend Dante wants to go too when she wanted to take this hike by herself.  So Liz decides to let him go and we are off on the trail.  How long will Dante last?  Liz has secrets that she is keeping from Dante. Will journey allow her the opportunity to share them?  One night at their campsite they meet the Root brothers who give Liz a bad feeling.  Will this be enough to make them quit?  Or finish the trail?

My Thoughts: 

I cannot tell you how much I loved this novel!  I loved learning about the John Muir Trail.  The characters were enough to make the reader come back for more each time the reader opened the novel.  There were times when Dante annoyed me because of his insistence of coming, and that he was holding Liz back.  I also wanted to fight for Liz to be free and open with Dante.  The author leaves the reader guessing as to what will happen next. 

I did not want to put this book down!  I felt as though I was on the journey with them in my sleeping bag or hiking following Liz.  Also a great read for those traveling this holiday season!


Rating:

5/5

Please visit Sonja on her Facebook page, Twitter, and her Website.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!