Can You Put Your Big Girl Panties on?



Last year I had the opportunity to meet Stephanie Evanovich at Decatur Book Festival.  I chose to share her novel Big Girl Panties with all of you.  For those of you who don’t know Stephanie is the niece of Janet Evanovich.  What would her story telling be like?  Is she as good writer as her aunt?

Synopsis: 

Logan is a personal trainer to many professional athletes and other clients.  He is flying back from Montreal after working with one of his clients.  When he sits in his seat he meets Holly Brennan who is more than an average person in size.  He offers to help her out with some training.  Would Holly take him up on his offer?  Yes and the relationship become more than either thought it would be.  Will it hold up after Holly sees the true Logan?  The true Logan only prefers slim blonds and not much else.  How could Holly ever be what he is truly after?

My Thoughts:

Stephanie Evanovich is a new author to me.  I had a hard time getting into this novel, and getting behind a character like Logan.  He grows more as the story progresses.  I guess my issue is the direction that the author decided to take with this story.  I can totally understand the side that was presented in this story.  Authors tend to write what they know.  The problem is how to get there?  Are we really all about looks and no substance? 

Some may find this story very entertaining but I didn’t see the humor in it.  I may not be the audience for her future work.  I loved the baseball aspect of this story! 

Rating: 

3.75/5

Please visit Stephanie on her Facebook page, Twitter, and Her Website.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!