What Act of Will Would Stand Out to You?



Act of Will is one of Barbara Taylor Bradford’s earlier novels.  This novel has recently been added in ebook format.  So I had a chance to revisit a novel that I read a few years ago, and share my thoughts on the new format.

Synopsis:

Audra and her brothers have lost everything, and are asked to move in with their first cousin.  This cousin does not care for Audra or her brothers and wants revenge for her mother’s past actions.  Her brothers are sent to Australia and Audra is sent to work in a hospital.  She goes onto to become a nurse and then a nanny.  She then meets Vincent Crowther and they form a family.  Audra is determined to be financially sound in her career and family.  She then passes this trait to her daughter and then her granddaughter.  How the ultimate act of will l impact this family?

My Thoughts: 

I have read this novel before.  I enjoyed it the first time around.  I am not so sure this time.  I think it is because I have seen how much this writer has grown since her first novels.   I thought the story was interesting and had a compelling plot.  This plot is a little similar to A Woman of Substance.  It is not a bad novel!  Barbara Taylor Bradford is great at creating strong female characters such as Audra, her daughter, and then her granddaughter. 

 So here are my thoughts on the ebook.  I am not a fan of compact wording in novels.  What I mean is when the page of the novel is a sea of words.  I had tried adjusting it on my kindle but was unable to do it.    

It is  worth checking out if you are interested in her earlier work.

Rating:

3/5
Please visit Barbara on her Facebook page, Twitter, and her Website.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!