Can You Ever Forgive?



In Night Road by Kristin Hannah a car crash meets with disastrous results, and changes the lives of all involved. I remember visiting Kristin on tour for this novel.  I didn’t know if I would be interested in it.  Especially the discussion was about a group of teens!  I was so wrong!


Synopsis:

Alexa (Lexie) Baill moves to Port George and Pine Island area near Seattle.  She will live with her Great Aunt Eva .  Lexie is used to starting at new schools and having to navigate a new school when living with her foster families.  In her first class she meets Zack Faraday and  there is a spark between them.  Then later that day at lunch time she looks for a place to sit for lunch and meets his twin sister Mia.  Lexie is asked to make a choice between both Mia and Zack by their mother Judith (Jude) Faraday.  Choosing one way or the other could have great consequences.  What will happen when Lexie makes her choice?  And who will it affect?

My Thoughts: 

I loved this novel!  I listened to the audiobook of Night Road.  The narration is excellent!  I was honestly counting the hours to get back to my car find out more about what would happen next.  Another author that I saw recently said you must have a hook within each chapter.  Kristin does this beautifully and hence my reason for wanting read more each time I could.  The only drawback was that I had attended the tour and knew that something major would happen but I couldn’t  remember what it was.

One of the themes of this novel is forgiveness.  How do you define forgiveness?  Is it justice or revenge?  Or sacrifice?  The two main characters Judith and Lexie both experience  a profound loss.  They refuse  to persue the forgiveness  needed to move on.  Each doesn’t realize that they are living a prison of their own making.  Lexie chooses her consequences legally, and Judith chooses it  by not moving on with her life.  They fail to see to see how their choices affect the others in their lives.   
Who doesn’t struggle with forgiveness and what it truly means.   Readers will be greatly moved by this novel!

Rating:

5/5

Please visit Kristin on her Facebook page and her Website.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!