Becoming The American Wife



A couple of years ago Curtis Sittenfeld wrote a novel the American Wife.  It is based loosely off of Laura Bush and her husband.  I had the opportunity to meet the author in the past.  So, I then greatly anticipate sharing one of their books with you.


Synopsis:

Alice Lendgren is not your typical wife.  Why?  It is simple she is the wife of the president of the United States.   Her husband is Charlie Blackwell.   He is a member of the famous Blackwell family.  How did Alice become a member?  It all begins in a small town in Wisconsin.  Where a tragic event takes place in her youth that changes her future.  This tragic event impacts many around Alice in the small town of Riley Wisconsin.  So she leaves to go to college in Madison and persue a career as a teacher.  How will her choices impact her future?


My Thoughts: 

While I was very excited to begin this novel; I lost enthusiasm towards the end.  I have a difference of opinion with her political views.  The story is very well written.  I thought that the characters were well developed.  I found some character traits questionable, but created interesting characters.  I happened to listen to this novel.  The narrator did an excellent job of telling the story.  I found her very interesting. 


Curtis Sittenfeld created an interesting story, not something I would pick up again.

Rating: 

3.75/5

Please visit Curtis on  Twitter and her Website.



Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!