A Single Woman’s Perspective on After I Do


Thank you to Simon and Schuster and Book Sparks PR for a copy of After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid.  This is her second novel, where she explores the marriage relationship after one has been married a few years.   I have some thoughts on the topic of marriage too.  


Synopsis: 

Lauren and Ryan have the perfect relationship.  They love each other to distraction.  One day circumstances change and they can’t stand to be around one another anymore.  So they come up with this plan to separate for a year which includes no contact with each other.  How will Lauren or Ryan survive?  What will Lauren learn about herself and her relationship with her husband?  Is it more important spend all your time together or some apart?


My Thoughts:  

I enjoyed After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid.  I thought it was interesting how she had different themes in the story concerning marriage. One theme is learning how to put a marriage back together and what it takes to make it work.  Her family brought other themes out such as her mother’s view of relationships. Do you have to be married to be happy or just in it for the romance?  Lauren’s sister Rachel is the only single person in this story but also her best friend.  


For me marriage is important and something to work hard at.  I hope to one day be
married.  I have many single friends that I have lost once they are married.  They only pay attention to their spouse and exclude other relationships or activities.  I have learned through the years a few points about marriage.  I know that I would have looked at it like Lauren when I was in my twenties.  I also would have been wrong.  I have learned that as Granny said in the story that having friends and hobbies are important for a relationship.  I would hope that my spouse would feel the same.

I look forward to reading the next novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid!

To get your copy of After I Do follow these links to buy:  
Amazon Paperback 
Amazon Kindle

Rating:

4.25/5

Please visit Taylor Jenkins Reid on her Facebook Page, Twitter, and her Website.



Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!