Are You Ready to Create Some Memories?



Thank you to Netgalley and Random House for a copy of the Avalon Ladies
Scrapbooking Society by Darien Gee.   Come and create some memories. 

Synopsis:

The author introduces us to several members of the Avalon Society.  We will meet Betty Shelton the president of the Avalon Ladies’ Scrapbooking Society.  Also you will be a member if Betty has anything to say about it.   Her neighbor Isabel knows firsthand how Betty works.   Then there is Ava and her little boy who helped cost Isabel her marriage.   How will they get along?  Then you have Madeline and Connie who run the local tea house and also host the scrapbooking societies meetings.   There are many other society members to introduce you to…

My Thoughts:

I am not a huge scrapbooking fan myself.  I thought it was interesting learning about the craft.  I had a really hard time staying interested in the story.  Betty Shelton is the character of the novel.  There is a lot more to Betty than meets the eye.  She creates great comic relief.  There are many other characters that I could introduce you to but I feel that would take away from the story.  

One aspect of this novel is the number of main characters within the story.  Authors face great challenges trying to cover many characters in one story.  There were times that I was really interested but felt it went on too long.  There are some neat character vignettes in the novel but I often asked how do these relate to the novel?

I am afraid that I wasn’t a fan of this one.

Rating:

3.5/5

Please visit Darien on her Facebook page, twitter, or her website.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Come and Join us For a Night Out With the Ladies Review and Giveaway