Choices High-Heels or Slippers?



I won this eBook a while back from Chick Lit Central. High-Heels and Slippers offers a choice of how to move on from the past.

Synopsis:

Meet Josie Jenkins she is a customer service manager at Harper and Green (Catalogue Retailer).   Did I also mention that she is a brit living in Texas and she happened to have an affair with her boss Bob?  They have recently ended it for the last time and Josie is feeling a little on the lonely side.  One evening she gets a friend request on Facebook from an old friend.  Should she accept the request?  Then there is this new guy Callum who is from Britain as well.  Josie feels that they were meant for each other?  Are they really?  Will the past come back to haunt them?

My Thoughts:

I don’t know that I am a total fan of this one.   The story is supposed to be funny and entertaining.  I don’t know that it did either for me.   I had a hard time staying focused as I read.  On the other side the story is well written and the characters are believable.  
I also learned a little about the access to different items that are British.  I should not be surprised that the BBC can be accessed by the web or that different stations would talk of news locally in Britain.

One point of the story is the choice to move on from one’s past.  How would you handle it?   Would you stay stuck in the past?

Rating:

3.5/5
Please visit Ella on her blog, Facebook page, or website.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!