Check Out Angela's Escapades in I Heart New York by Lindsey Kelk



The destination chose New York City by way of London England.  Is what I Heart New York is all about.

Synopsis:



Angela is attending her best friend Louisa’s wedding in London England,  when she discovers something in her car.  All she wants is to change her shoes from these dreadful louboutins that she had to wear for the ceremony.  Mark her boyfriend surprises her with his cheating partner.  Angela’s world collapses as she realizes that her world has changed forever.  Her answer leave go to New York City in the United States.  Angela arrives with little more than the louboutins and her bridesmaid dress.  Enter Jenny her new best friend who helps Angela heal from her heartache and take a different path.  Angela is confronted by many changes but what will she choose?

My Thoughts:

I have heard a lot about this series and the initial book of the series I Heart New York.  I am always game for trying new authors.  I loved how the writing seemed to flow.  I could have taken a little less of the sex issues between certain characters.  I liked Angela as a character and thought her cohort Jenny was great as well.  The author does a great job describing Angela’s dilemma and her indecisiveness.  I just didn’t find myself loving the book as much as I thought.

A popular plot in the chick lit genre is woman dumped by boyfriend and trying to start over.  I have actually loved a lot of these plots because it is exciting to see what the main character will choose to do.  For instance in I Heart New York, Angela’s growth in character after her decision to leave London.    I wish I had a credit card limit like hers.   What would you try if you had the chance to start over?

Rating:

3/5

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!