An Interesting Read!



Laura Dave’s  novel is an interesting read.  Thank you to Penguin for sending this novel to me.

Synopsis:
Annie sat down to watch her favorite movie Roman Holiday.  There is one catch; every time she watches the movie something bad happens.  So the movie is often pulled out with some hesitation.  After recently watching the movie her husband Nick arrives to tell her that he wants to separate.  He needs freedom to explore what he truly wants.  Annie is devastated and goes out at the encouragement of her best friend Jordan.  She goes to the usual hotel for a drink and meets an unusual bar tender.   They soon develop a relationship which leads to a very unusual family.  Who will she choose the bar tender or Nick? How will her career play into her decision?

My Thoughts:

As I said that this novel was an interesting read.   The plot is the most fascinating aspect of the novel.  Would you choose to go back to your first husband?  Or continue with the second husband?  How does career play a part in both?  I was interested to see how the author would draw this novel to a conclusion.  I also felt that this plot line is a little new to me.  

I am afraid this novel did not keep my interest as much as I would have liked.  I didn’t enjoy it as much as I had hoped considering all the rave reviews from great authors like Emily Giffin.  

Rating:

3.25/5

Please visit and share your feedback with Laura on her Facebook page, and her website.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!