Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin a Gripping Read



Heart of the Matter is the December book club selection for Chick Lit and Other Fiction.  I love Emily Griffin’s books.   I was anxious to start this one.



Synopsis:

Tessa goes out to dinner with her husband Nick to celebrate their anniversary.  He is called away to the hospital.  Nick is a doctor is called in to help a little boy who was in a terrible accident.  His mother Valerie rushes to the hospital with no idea what to expect once she gets there.  How will this one event impact the players mentioned above?

My Thoughts:

I have been a big fan of Emily’s books.   I loved how the plot was formatted for this novel.  Ms. Giffin chose to tell the story from two different points of view.  Tessa who is Nick’s wife and Valerie who meets Nick at the hospital.  Tessa’s part of the story is told in first person point of view.  Valerie is told is third person point of view.    I loved the narration of the book which I saw mostly through Valerie’s perspective.  I did not enjoy this book as much as some of her other books.  I will still look forward to her next book.

Ratings:

3.5/5


Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!