Time to Visit Nantucket again but with the Castaways


The Castaways: A NovelThis summer I decided to pick up a copy of The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand.  I read it for our challenge.  I love visiting the city of Nantucket through the pages of one of her books.

Synopsis:

The Castaways are a group of couples that live in Nantucket.  The couples include:  Jeffrey and Delilah, the Chief of Police and his wife Andrea, Addison and Phoebe, and then there is Tess and Greg MacAvoy.   Tess and Greg left one morning to celebrate their anniversary and never came back.  There are secrets that involve Tess and Greg   and the couples.  There are also questions about the deaths of Tess and Greg.  What will the chief find out and what will the secrets reveal?

My Thoughts:

Elin Hilderbrand has become one of my favorite authors.  I feel like I get to take a vacation when reading her books.  So I have an unwritten rule that I must read at least one of her books because I am a little behind.   I did enjoy The Castaways.  I felt it was written well and left you guessing as to what really happened to both Tess and Greg?
The focus in this book is friendships and relationships.   Do we know everything to know about our own friends?  Or how those actions impact others?  Elin explores these questions in her book.  I thought the characters were great and will enjoy reading more of her books.

Please drop by on Facebook or twitter and  share your thoughts with  Elin.
Ratings:
4/5

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!