One to Watch Sarah Mitchell Jio's The Bungalow!


I have heard a great deal about Sarah and her books.   I was delighted that Penguin gave me the opportunity to share The Bungalow with you.

Synopsis:

The Bungalow: A Novel (.)Anne and Kitty sign up for a tour of a lifetime in the summer of 1942.   Both have studied to be nurses and decide to further their experience by signing up for a tour with the navy as nurses.  Kitty is going for adventure and to get away from her life in Seattle.  Anne feels the need to support Kitty her best friend.  Anne is also engaged but not satisfied to settle down and raise a family.    She discovers more than she dreamed on the island of Bora Bora.  Will their friendship with stand the test of this trip?   How will it change them? 

My Thoughts:

The critics are right!  Sarah is a great writer.   I very much enjoyed the book.  I got close to the end and could not put it down.  Sarah’s writing has been described as life changing.  I couldn’t agree more.  I love a good historic story.  I loved how the story developed what you got to learn about both Anne and Kitty along the way. 

Friendship is one of the main themes of this book.   Anne and Kitty‘s relationship changes throughout the book.  It is hard when friends grow and change.  Have you ever experienced a friendship change?  How has that affected you?   I felt that Sarah really honored this relationship in the book.

Rating:
5/5
Please let Sarah knows what you think and visit her on her website.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!