What Magic Heirloom Do You Own?


This book is the second donated by Susan McBride for the Readathon for International Chick Lit Month event at Stonecrest Library.

Synopsis:

Evie knows that something is about to happen, but she doesn’t know what.  She doesn’t have much time to make amends with the two most important people in her life Anna her sister and Toni her daughter.  Evie puts on the dress to give her an answer on her future with Toni and Anna.  Anna originally found the little black dress in a shop in St. Genevieve County.  Anna’s discovery from the little black dress affects everyone.  Evie can’t forgive for events that happened.   Toni is completely ignorant of the dress and its power.    Evie has kept the truth from her.  What will she learn about the little black dress?  Will Evie reveal the truth and make amends with the most precious people in her life?

My Thoughts:

I loved this book!  Another great read!  There is a wonderful plot that is unexpected.   I kept turning the pages wanting to know what would happen next.  I don’t think I could find anything that wasn’t great about this book.   All I can say is bring on the next Susan McBride book!

One aspect of this book is a family heirloom that is passed along from one generation to the next.  For the Ashton family it is the little black dress.  I am trying to think if there are any family heirlooms that I have.  The only thing I can think of is the quilts my grandma passed along and some dishes.   What family heirloom do you have that is passed along from prior generations?  Would you consider anything magical with it’s own story?

Ratings:
 
4/5
 
To reach Susan McBride you can contact her on facebook and website.

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Come and Join us For a Night Out With the Ladies Review and Giveaway