Wonderboy by Fiona Gibson


Wonderboy is my first Red Dress Ink book.  I am part of a group that reads all of the Red Dress Ink as part of the challenge.  You can see the challenge at the top of the blog.
Synopsis:

 Rowena and Marcus move to the country outside of London for their little boy Tod.  They have concerns about their son because how different he is.  Tod is not interested in spending time outside playing with friends or joining the youth sports teams.   This a decided let down for Marcus who dreamed of his sons athletic prowess.  All of the sudden his job is more demanding and he spends less time with his family.  His wife Rowena becomes suspicious because she is left to care for the house in the country and their son.  She knows that Marcus is hiding something but cannot figure out what it is.  Will Marcus accept his son for who he is?  Will he be able to keep his secret?
My Thoughts:
I was not all that impressed with my first Red Dress Ink book.  I followed the story because the character of Tod struck me as being similar to students I had in the pass.    I work with special needs students who have some of the same issues as Tod.  I stuck with the book for that purpose. The Memory Keepers Daughter  by Kim Edwards to me was better than this book.  I would definitely still read more of Fiona Gibson’s work.  I just didn’t connect with the book.
Ratings:

2.5/5

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Come and Join us For a Night Out With the Ladies Review and Giveaway