Summer Promises by Robin Jones Gunn


I requested this book through Librarything early reviews. I had never read anything by Robin Jones Gunn before.

Synopsis:
 Christy joins her Aunt Marti and Uncle Bob for the summer in California. She is excited to hit the beach and make new friends. Christy does not have success the first day on the beach. She is so upset that her aunt decides to cheer her up by taking her shopping and getting a new look. The second day was more successful and Christy is able to make friends. Aunt Marti wants to continuously shower Christy with gifts. How will this affect the relationship that Christy has with her aunt? Or her new friends? Will she be able to gain proper prospective on what is truly important in life?

My thoughts:

This book is a young adult genre book. I don’t usually read these books. I thought the story was great! What girl wouldn’t want to have a relative who would buy them everything they wanted? I felt that I could identify in some ways with the main character.
 

Ratings:

4/5

Comments

Popular Posts

Part 2 of the Follower’s Love Giveaway

Clearing Shelves Giveaway Blog Hop

Welcome to this year’s Author In Bloom Giveaway!